Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What do you do if you have no boot straps?

It was a slaughter. It all started with computer programming problems. I have no programming experience. It was like being expected to have a conversation in a language you don't know. Then there was a section with riddles. Riddles. I graduated with highest honors from a respected university and I am doing riddles to prove myself.

I don't know the results yet, but I'm preparing for the worst. I had put job applications on hold to see how things would work out with this job. I think it's time for me to move on and start applying again. It is so exhausting to send out all these applications when maybe 1 out of 4 companies have the decency to at least tell you the position has been filled by someone else.

I guess for now I'll have to keep on hoping. I am getting a lot of good practice at being hopeful.

I'll be back tomorrow, and I'll actually fill you in on The Book of One Thousand and One Nights. I also won't be as self-pitying. For now, my brain feels like it's been shred over a grater and I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment