First off, something exciting. I have a phone interview for a real job! I wish this employer could have seen me when I found out about the interview. Who wouldn't want to hire the girl lying on the floor kicking her feet in the air and screaming, laughing, crying all at once "I have an interview!" The job would involve technical writing and the company and location excite me. I'm trying to be cautiously excited as to not be let down if things don't work out. Even though I realize jumping and screaming do not resemble something called "caution." I am excited about this in one thousand and one ways, but I won't list them all, so there's your caution!
If things don't work out with this job, The Book of One Thousand and One Nights has helped me refine my job searching methods. In the story I read today a man has this pet falcon whom he loves and carries around on his hand all the time. The man and falcon go hunting and the man finds a tree from which "water drips like butter." The man stops to feed his horses. But, the falcon keeps getting in the way of the horses and in frustration the man kills the falcon. Only then does the man look up an see a brood of vipers dripping poison from the top of the tree.
Life lesson: Get a falcon. Trust Your falcon.
I am done with college and there is no one to tell me what to do anymore. I have to make my own decisions. I hate it. But if I had a falcon, he would guide me. He could help me know which jobs to apply for and which companies to avoid. Do you think my falcon would have let me get in my car that terrible icy morning? I am certain the falcon would not because he would care for me.
Maybe I can arrange to own a falcon by my phone interview tomorrow. The interviewer will ask "Where do you see yourself in five years and what in the world is that odd squawking sound?"
I'll say "Oh, that's just my life advisor."
1:30 Tuesday could be the beginning of something great. I'm hoping for the best!
Monday, February 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ann, you are sooo on to something here. You know who else had falcons? King Arthur. Falconry is a lost art. Revive it today in your interview, but maybe not too explicitly.
ReplyDeleteMay metaphorical falcons be with you. And if there's a real one in the area, it'd be cool if it were there, too.